Mooi En Lief COLLAB <3
Dutch for ‘beautiful & sweet’ - a perfectly fitting name for these quirky, fashion forward wellingtons - Mooi en Lief is a premium brand of wellies for kids, especially designed to illustrate the idea that every child is different and has a unique identity and personality. Whether you’re wild or adventurous or sophisticated and trendy: Mooi en Lief designs make a statement and stand out from the crowd. The company also works alongside bloggers to compliment their designs creating fashion fabulous outfits using top trends and styles for both boys and girls. And although the boots are currently marketed at children, they do go up to a size 5 and a little birdy told me that they will be increasing sizes in the very near future… watch - this - space!
So, I designed 3 looks to compliment their Pink Buckle & Army style Wellies to show how funky, fab and versatile their products are! Details of each garment from each look can all be found below once you’ve clicked on the picture to enlarge it!
1. Geek Chic
2. Heart Breaker
3. Bohemian Queen
As soon as I visited the site, I couldn’t believe just how cool, unique and stylish wellies could be! When I was young wellies were definitely NOT a thing of fashion, they were simply green or black or a Barbie pair from Woolworth’s if you were lucky! But these wellies break the mold embellished with buckles, studs, funky slogans, laces, themes and images - they were nothing I had seen before. Mooi en Lief strives to design wellies for kids through the eyes on an adult.
I hope you like the themed OOTD ladies - they were such fun to make!
So why not check them out?! You’d be crazy not to! Whether you’re a festival queen, a tea sipping beach-hut chic or a picnic in the woods kinda gal - you should really snap up a pair of these beauts ASAP!
Visit their site of beautiful designs at: http://www.mooienlief.com/en
Outfit 2 - Heart Breaker <3
Outfit 1 - BOHEMIAN QUEEN. <3
When in Brighton… <3
A little departure from the normal fashion posts.. BUT as a fashion lover & an equal foodie, I have to say my TOP 3 places to eat in Brighton have to be the following:
1. The Black Bird - a gorgeous, classic, traditional tea rooms. With 50% off breakfast & free tea or coffee: Mon - Thursday before 11am. Check out their beautiful courtyard at the back, after you’ve ordered their Blackbird sponge cake & homemade pink lemonade - so so so good!
2. Little Bay - such an amazing venue; a reconstructed Opera house, with god-like balcony seating, hearty hot pots and roasts and fabulous mocktails! Think mouth watering food in a surreal setting and live operatic performances. Definitely would advise this restaurant for a special occasion.
3. JB’s Diner <3 - A hot spot for birthday parties. The diner plays non stop Tom & Jerry - need I say anymore?! With tones of 50’s memorabilia, burgers bigger than your head and shakes that could feed a few thousand - it’s an affordable, scrumptious experience not to be missed!!
Good morning Mr. Magpie <3
So as a huge hoarder of all things that glisten (hence why my account name features the word; Glitter***) These are my top 4 favourite shinning, sparkling, gorgeous items that I need in my wardrobe RIGHT NOW!
1. Discovered yesterday in my ASOS mag was a preview of ASOS’ upcoming must have flats, heels, sandals and boots. And these glittering lace up boots caught my eye instantly - they are FAB-ulous. Teamed with a matte leather jacket & LBD or with ripped black jeans and pastel crush fluffy jumper - in my eyes they are ESSENTIAL for AW’14.
2. Super cute, ultra-gorgeous metallic milk carton mini bag (photo courtesy of the fabulous blogger Sarah Ashcroft!) from the wonderfully stylish yet affordable Berksha <3 There’s not much to say other than ‘aww’ in my eyes - isn’t it the cutest thing you’ve ever seen?!
3. To be completely honest, I’ve never been a huge fan of the ol’ berkys in the past - however since the heavily bejeweled, metallic and OTT sandals became a ‘thing’, I well & truly jumped on the band wagon - not.even.sorry! I adore these metallic flats, super versatile for an occasion or just to throw on to pop out to get some milk & sugar - I love love love them. Thank you Public Desire - I salute you!
4. It’s orange - it’s pvc - it’s GOT to be mine! Call me Austin Powers but the love I have for this skirt is just too much! I’m so obsessed with it I can’t even rationally decide what on earth wear with it - there are that many options! It will be great to spice up my winter monochrome wardrobe, peeping out from under an over sized hounds tooth coat or twinned with ultra crisp white accessories like pictured above. Miss Guided are winning the race of best seasonal buying team this season - spot on! <3
What I wore: SECRET GARDEN PARTY 2014 💛
Aztec 2 Piece - New Look £12.98
Embellished Head Piece - New Look £7.99
Floral Kimono - New Look £12.99
Satchel - Accessorize £12.00
Boots - Boo Hoo £30.00
Statement Cuff - New Look £8.99
Retro 70s Chic
Maxi - Vintage
Hat - Vintage
Flower Garland - H&M £4.99
Accessorize Bag - £12.00
Pendant - Primark - £8.00
Feather Earrings - Accessorize £8.00